You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Monday, August 29, 2011

Transitions

If you are still around here a year later then you will be interested to read this:

My life has been full of transitions and my hardest one was encountered over this last year. I hit a wall because I was declined hormones that would literally take my body on a transition, because my health has always been percarious I am able to understand why yet it still hurt in unimaginable ways. I was left floating and distant unsure of the body, mind and perhaps even soul I was in. I turned to cooking, books, theatre and admittedly some drug use. I've had to learn who I am in a world that will always see me in a way that I am not. I've become comfortable with myself, I see my beauty and fault and I can accept it all.

I have been forced to grow up even more in my last few months, I had to get myself together enough to write, direct and complete a thesis. A feat that at many points I thought we beyond me. I considered leaving school, leaving life or simply disappearing to the mountians without a word to start over as a new person. I found the world manageable through antidepressants and mood stabilizers and eventually learned how to stand on my own feet again without prescription and non-prescription drugs. I want to give back to this world now with art, history, dance and all the positive emotions I can muster and maintain.

I have refoucused, graduated from college and found a job in this down turned economy. I live in the Appalachian mountians on the East Coast drinking in the smells of both city and pine trees when I ride my bike. I am starting to make friends outside of Iowa yet keep my close group of confidants who have become my new family.

I will not be deleting this blog or any of it's content as it is part of me as much as I am part of it, but I will be starting two new blogs. The first will be for my art, theatre and other visual aspects of my life. The second will be for my essay, thoughts, language lessons and even book reviews. We all have trials in life yet we have to learn how to live through them and become stronger, each day I have become the person I am and each day I learn something the builds upon those lessons.

I am happy to be here, happy to share, happy to learn and happy to listen.

Blog One: My Art Blog

No comments: