You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shel Siverstine

I wish that I could remember what i am so inspired to write at 3 am. I am even still an insomniac at camp but the problem is I have no place to write when I am up here. So instead of writing I read, which isn't bad but it is still killing me.

I've had an extremely emotional week and now I just want to write my life away but instead I have 15 girls to deal with on minimal energy. I'm emotionally weak and in need of human contact that doesn't come from strange girls or from a staff of 18-20 year olds who I've lived with for the past 7 weeks.

I am ready to get my introvert time back and my scheduled tea time and my naps. Do any of you know how important naps are to an insomniac!

Generally I am not too unhappy at camp - such as tonight I was able to read from Shel Silverstein around the campfire and be really happy. I was content with my unit and the way things were going.

humm I want to read aloud to children more often I feel

1 comment:

Billusionisto said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9bKdIG_Yw

Shel wrote that song. That isn't him singing...his voice is actually just a bit more demented then the singer in this version. If you can track down the album, entitled the same as the song, I'd HIGHLY recommend it!