You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spoon Thief

(blog worthy camp stuff)

At camp we have something called 'The Gossip" and we all bang on the tables and say, "we want the gossip, we want the gossip!" The girls absolutly love it because we talk about 'boy friend joey' and 'boyfriend greg' and the donky floating away if it had rained, and loads of other funny things. This week though I've made the gossip for the first time all summer. It's been said that I've been stealing spoons around the dining hall so everyone should watch out for me. Of course I couldn't let the gossip down so I did start stealing spoons. I was very sneaky about it. Quickly things progressed though and a spoon protection program was made, they have a song and everything. Also I decided at the end of the meal to steal the spoon bucket - with all the dirty spoons in it. So they finally arrested me and put me into jail. I made bail of 3 spoons and a fork and am waiting my Wednesday trail where Judge Gerorgia will rule.

Switch has been made my authorny, and she is working with Elizabeth who is now know as bob on my case. I've taken the identity of Elizabeth Marie who is going into the fifth grade and loves math as to avoid any more questions and battery from the people. The girls have been eating it up - they really love it. There is a distinct, spoons innocent group and spoon's guilty group. We do have so fence post sitters, but not many. All the girls every want to talk about is if I really stole the spoons or not. I simply say no comment. They then say we saw you steal the spoon bucket and my response is that once you discard an object it becomes public interest. Just like trash, the spoons in the spoon bucket were public property therefore I was allowed to take them at any time.

Some people think that I have motives to my spoon theft, such as building an evil robot. But this isn't true, I simply feel that I have the right and duty to accumulate spoons that have been discarded and abandoned. I've worked really hard on my case, but there are eye witnessed who have seen me stealing spoons so that may be hard to swing. Teehe - it's a lot of fun

We have a wild west unit this week as one of the specialties, so they have built a jail and they have handcuffs for me and they made wanted signs. It's all a huge deal and it's only Tuesday. But it is also really funny.

I will let you know how the trial goes on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Yumeru said...

Tee hee! Your post today is one of my absolute favorite things about camp! Keep us updated on the trial!