You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My African Adventure?

David Campbell stoped me today as I was walking home, and he was also walking home. It was a cute little interaction and he informed me that I will be able to get funding if I want to work in Africa this summer. A huge part of me would love to fly away to Ghana right this second, but other parts of me have hesitations.

1. the failing health of my grandfather
2. My inability to eat most foods
3. My brothers enlistment in the army.


I've decided that I do want to try and go, but I do not want to spend my entire summer there. I think a month or a month and a half would be a good immersion for me, and would use fewer resources (such as money)

Step 2: find an internship

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

AFRICA IS AWESOME NIK!!! Come here. You will NOT regret it.