You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Thursday, December 17, 2009

College

College
By N. Jameson


Hold on you're half where there
I've been living on this prayer
and stale bites of bagel

too many packets of tea
floating by like leafs
we don't want to consume
but we are required
by the rules of college life
we are governed through the academics
pessimistically writing and revising
sometimes we can't even edit ourselves
casual conversations become political,
correctness is lost to the spurs
and slurs of the drunken masses

using coffee cups as cameras
cleaning our glasses on tissues
we are poor and making it
working from the bottom
and making it
they didn't believe in the riot
but we brought it to them
over caffeinated yet apathetic
what are my fingers being used for
not sliding but gliding
over soft computer buttons
lost the taste of human skin

my apples are bruised
and so is my ego
tomorrow I will wake up
and fight another theoretical war

No comments: