You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm sociology at it's finest

I don't think many of you will ever understand how much I have gone through to get to where I am now. I am from an extremely humble and poor background and I've worked so hard to pull myself up by my own bootstraps.

Today I made a realization that might help you understand what I've gotten out of by leaving Kewanee, and why I don't see any of my friends when I am here. Because I did have plenty.


Of my core group of girl friends:
Ashleigh - has a baby
Jaquie - has a baby
Sara - just had a baby (is in the Navy)
Chelsea - currently pregnant
Lacey - only one who hasn't been or isn't currently pregnant (she's not gay either!)
Whitney - has a baby
Jaimie - had a baby after her Junior year
Heather - had a baby before even staring High School
Jessica - dropped out her last semester to have a baby

Friends added my senior year:
Lizee - married to a boy I was best friends with
Betty - next to married and living in Peoria

My guy friends:
Shawn - married to Lizee
Kenny - really smart college graduate who prefers to smoke weed and play guitar
Seth - Marines
Nic - who knows!?!?!?
Alex - nearly married to Betty
Alec - married


I still talk to some of these people, Seth and Alec on occasion. The rest are in completely different places than I am. How am I suppose to relate to all these married people and people with children.

Now do you understand why I have no friends when I come home from College?

1 comment:

LukeR said...

I hear you. I feel the same exact way when I come home.