You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wish of dreams

Last night while I was sleeping I had a dream. It was a lovely dream where I had a life partner and a job I want to everyday. At that job I was some sort of artist and did Theatrical installations and workshops. I was really happy. Not only that but I could wake up in the morning and go one day as fully female and the next day fully male. No one in my work environment or home life thought anything of this. I was fully living my queer identity. Some days I remember I even went androgynous and didn't get questioned weather I was a boy or a girl.

I also think I was married to a trans man, FTM. Legally married that is, not commited to each other until death by a queer ceremony. We were by law seen in the states eyes as married and reciving full benifits of such.

I hope one day my dream becomes reality. First we need to move discrimination against gender out of the workforce because in 48 states there is no laws to prohibit this typs of discrimination. Also we need to work on gay marriage and other queer marriage. This one won't be as easy because we have to focus on the transgender right to marry as well. In only a few states are FTM and MTF individuals legally the sex they have transitioned to so we have to broaden that catogory nationally. Because in some states transfolk would be married into same-sex marriages while in other states they would have opposite-sex standing. This is all too much to handel and I wish equality would be here tomorrow. It would make me much happier.

No comments: