You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Theatre [comma] Sleep [comma] Cramps [comma] life

I've been missing lately
but the show goes up tomorrow

I should be back after a good sleep tonight
That's the goal anyway.


I will write you a nice whitty story about my life in the past month, maybe even give you some cute illustrations.

Later



Waiting for 1.5 banners to print (both are qued up)
and designing the last for this show

Then I should be ready to give it up
blah



Life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey so people in Grinnell read your blog. just a heads-up. :)

N.J. said...

Please let me have my thoughts in peace.

Billusionisto said...

You're a poetical sort, right? The spelling/speaking out of punctuation reminds me of my favorite hip hop artist. Now, I don't know what preconceived notions you may have about hip hop, but go ahead and shatter them now, as I think somebody who digs poetry will dig the album Circle. It's by Dose One, with his (their?) buddy Boom Bip providing the beats. It's an incredibly personal album, and applies the metaphor of birds and birdwatching throughout. But basically, anything that Dose One puts out is red hot golden heat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doseone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A88_E_cJOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QKNN-mPYU&feature=PlayList&p=8F6B6DEBB9534261&index=3

But if you have no time to listen to these musics, at least take the time for this one. "There will be no self-respecting savior with completely comfortable skin," indeed. "Women are tortured hoes to fit in clothes and then remain excessively loyal to a swift punch in the nose. So, where's my reinventors of the truth serum and new founders of the fountain of youth?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYgXMXOh_w&feature=PlayList&p=8F6B6DEBB9534261&index=7

Also, have you heard Metric? They just came out with a new album. Incredibly wonderful and powerful music, very feminist themes...and none of that bullshit second-wave homo/trans-phobic crap.