You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 2 - Novel writting in 30 days

I am taking part in the National Novel Writing Month. Lovely called NaNoWriMo. This means I will be writing a 50,000 word novel in the 30 days of November. I am currently over 2,000 words in and it's my second day. I haven't lost my desire or orignial motivation yet either.

In fact I am doing things that will make the Novel better. Such as going to more of the 4.15 talks to educate myself and learn outside of my 4 classes. I'm concurrently reading a trans novel, because I am writing queer fiction. I am also rereading part of my favorite books to use as inspiration and to encourage my writters block.

All the while I am also keeping up in my four classes, eating at least 2 times a day, working 6 hours a week, being a friend, maintaining my romantic relationship, writing a Grinnell Monologue, preparing for Trans Awareness Week, sleeping some, and showering.

I am not going to say this month will be easy, but this novel is something I want to write and to put out there. I also want the satisfaction of knowing I did it while thousands of other people pounded out their souls in fiction.

I will admit to you though that all the creative writing does spark a strong desire to pick up a cigarettes and drink loads of coffee all through the night. But I promised myself if I was going to do this, then I was going to be healthy about it.

Their is no net gain if I kill myself physically or emotionall, fail out of school, or miss out on the life happening around me.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kate Baumgartner said...

I believe in you! :: eye contact ::

Kae said...

I love NaNo, nice job on starting it! I really wanted to do it this year, even tried writing short stories in September to get in the groove, but I just haven't been writing at all lately. Meh, one of those seasons. Good luck with your novel, and you should let me read it when you finish :)