You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Account

This afternoon I set up a saving account. I have decided to start saving for top surgery, and today I made a pointed decision that this is that important to me.

Many of you may know that I am attached to the idea of breastfeeding children - very attached to it in fact. I find the whole process nourishing, and beautifully organic. Kate's first comment was along these lines, but I reassured her that I was aware and that this is what I want even if it means losing a small dream. It is a mental as well as physical change that I want to undergo - and I have not made a hasty decision as much of my time and effort goes into thinking if not about my own trans identity, than about others.
I also bought myself a real compression vest today.
I started a new journal and I labeled today as day one to my new changes. Although I have been making small changes and decisions for a while now - the big decisions are beginning to manifest in front of me

My T.S. account currently has $110 in it. That leaves me with $7,890 to go.
I think the account needs a catchy or punny name
ideas?

3 comments:

baumgkat said...

1) I love you
2) I love you
3) Perhaps a name like "fuck the system" would be okay. But that's not punny, just empowering.
4) You are brave
5) I love you

N.J. said...

I am very scared
but also very excited

Yumeru said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you.