You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Negative carbon footprint

I love doing things that don't take energy and electricity or make noise. These all pollute my head and heart and world. Recently I've began buying the more expensive earth and people friendly coffee. This though is more expense and I was pensive to use it in my cheap coffee machine. I never had to worry though because my coffee maker is now dead and therefore will not be making anymore horrible coffee.

I have started a cold brew system.
Basically it is a mason jar with 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of coffee in it
I mix it up and let it sit for 12 hours.
Then I strain the coffee out of the liquid
and I have coffee concentrate

I then mix this one to three with some liquid.
either soy milk
warm water
or cold water

It is delicious and the concentrate keeps for 2 weeks in my fridge. So I can make quick coffee anytime. And I'm saving money and energy.

and it is silent. You don't know how much I value my silence.

No comments: