You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Late Victorian (take me there)


















I am currently costume designing a period piece for a class and a semi period piece for a show. I am having a hard time keeping myself straight with all the old cuts and big skirts.
An Enemy of the People - for my class is being set in 1882 and my designs are being true to that - they are even really beautiful! Although tonight I will be painting and spending hours in the studio - Grant McCracken said he will join me so I am not too lonely. I am sure to see other students there as well.

Women of Troy is an old Greek play that we are setting in "no time" with metallic undertones and simple colours. I am sure to have a good time with the girls all in dresses and the two men in proper man's clothing. I am excited for the chance to design something on my own accord.

All I want to do all day long is figure draw and watercolour paint!
all day long

2 comments:

Kate Baumgartner said...

haha I adore you.

Yumeru said...

I adore Victorian costumes, even though corsets are awful and full of bad organ re-arranging. I just can't help but find the costumes classy.