You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Good Morning Friends

Today enters the last week of my second year of College.
I started it by welcoming back Andrew Otto and saying good bye to James 3rd as we all know it today.

But I also got laundry done, and I'm on page 13 of my second 30 pager. That's nearly half... and it will probably end at 20-25 pages anyway.


So you are probably looking for today's though provoking idea. The thing is I started this post without an idea in mind, I just wanted to write.

Maybe I can share with you that I've gotten together two other writer who are going to write off prompts with me this summer. We will send something to each other each week via e-mail. I think this will be a productive writing circle. Maybe I will get out of my sad poetry and weird monologue phase. There are only so many monologues you can write before they all start to suck. and only so many sad poems can be mad before they lose their flame.



okay - here is my though. If I were to start testosterone (T) would I still take a woman's one-a-day vitamin or would I take the men's. You all may think this is an irrelevant though, but as a tranny it is a big question. Almost as big as pronouns and name! Maybe, I just have an irrational focus on the importance of vitamines and minerals in the body.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I would recommend taking the Women's, because technically you still have most of the body of a woman's, and need those vitamins for that body. We could talk more about it, it's a really interesting question.

Kate Baumgartner said...

Obvious but not fun answer: take a "regular" vitamin (no sex involved).

Other answer: It seems to me that sex-specific vitamins are usually targeted towards reproductive health. If you plan on taking T and giving birth to a child (possible, right?) take the women's vitamin. If you don't care as much about your reproductive health, take the men's. It'll make you feel more manly! But I am no doctor--I bet this is a common question. Research! <3