You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Update on the state of my existance (1 of 1)

It is the end of my second year of college, and I have been through many ups and downs this year. I must say, I am happy to be leaving Grinnell for a while. I am getting a little itchy for an adventure. Also i have been exsiting on oatmeal and spouts and coffee for about a week and a half now. My stomach just doesn't really want much else. (except the Perkins we ate last night was delicious!)

I always like coming back to Grinnell, and inorder to come back you have to leave. This will be by far the easiest semester to leave behind. I've been emotionally and intellectually challenged, but I leave this year with no baggage. All my papers are done and turned in, and I am not in love or even like with someone to the extent that I will miss them everyday that I am gone. This is a nice shift for someone like me who live through emotions so heavily.

The past couple of days I have really enjoyed the rain on my window. I feel as though so much of the semester was washed away with the rain. It was clensing for me (although it was cold during block party!)

I get to spend the next week here without real tough responsibilities. Just a few hours in the mail room. It will be nice to decompress in a place that I love so much. Even if I was frustrated with being here all semester (and maybe all year). It will be good to spend my gap week here instead of in Kewanee (at least I know that!)

The only thing keeping me so optimistic about this choice is the chance that Haylie will be in Iowa city next Saturday. Of course, the rest of the family will be there too. Yet it is Haylie who I miss the most! (and Midnight, but she won't be coming to Iowa City!)

aahhhhhh, big sigh of relief
I've made it this far, I am only 2 years away from the BA gold!

No comments: