You don't have to run to know what resistance feels like

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Irish Funeral Prayer

To add a little bit of culture into your life, and because my mother has asked me to learn it. I will post part of the Irish funeral prayer I am learning. I choose this part, because we sing a song at camp that has these same verses.


May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face.May the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.


Now why must I learn this prayer, because I am to give it at my grandfathers funeral. I was informed of this today. No, he hasn't died and he is actually out of the hospital. Today when he talked to my mother he told her about an old Irish tradition and said that he gave the prayer at his grandfather's funeral and he would like if I gave it. The thing is he didn't want to ask me himself because he doesn't want me to think about him as dying. BAH, what a strange time of my life this is!

No comments: